Step-by-Step Basic Tutorial
Here's a step-by-step guide to help you get started and familiar with how to edit an Adventist Place website.
1. Sign in to the Adventist Place Dashboard at https://dashboard.adventist.place
- There is also a 'login' link at the bottom of your webpage, if you have an Adventist Place site already
- For help signing in, or if you don't have a login yet, see https://support.adventist.place/article/27-access
2. Select the Website you want to manage
- Click on the name of your website in the My Sites area in the middle of your Dashboard to access that site's dashboard area.
- Most people will only have one site in the list.
- If the website you need to manage is not listed, you'll need to add it, see https://support.adventist.place/article/27-access
3. Opening an existing Page and editing it
- On the left side, click on 'Pages'
- Then click on the title of a page in the list that you want to open to edit
- For more detailed help on managing Pages, see https://support.adventist.place/article/79-managing-pages
- To add/edit events, see https://support.adventist.place/category/43-events
4. When the Page you want to edit is opened you can then:
- Change the banner of the page
Put your mouse over the banner and clicking the Blue pencil icon that appears, see https://support.adventist.place/article/78-banners
- Edit existing text or images on a page
Click on the area you wish to edit, which will make that 'Widget' highlight blue, and then select 'Edit' to open its editor. (NOTE: this area does not display properly for editing on a mobile device)For more details on editing Pages, see https://support.adventist.place/article/80-editing-page-details
- Add new content areas to the page by adding more Widgets to it.
Click on an existing widget that is near to where you want to put more content, then click a blue Plus icon to add a new widget on that side of the selected Widget. see https://support.adventist.place/article/82-widgets
- To update the details of your place's address, contact details, open hours, listed leader or map pin, see https://support.adventist.place/article/46-place-details
5. Add or edit links on your website's top menu
Go to Theme & Layout in your dashboard's left hand side menu, and then select "MANAGE" next to Main Menu
For detailed information on how to use the Menu Manager see https://support.adventist.place/category/54-menu-management
6. To add Files and Events to your website
- Click on the 'Content' menu item in your dashboard's main menu then select the type of item you want to enter
- After entering the content you need to add a widget to a page that will display and automatically update on your page, see https://support.adventist.place/category/8-widgets
7. There's much more you can do!
See all the features and how to use them in our help page: https://support.adventist.place
Contact us if you can not figure out how to do something even AFTER you've read our help material.